Breast augmentation Part 3 | When is it done?
Breast augmentation is the most popular plastic surgery among women.
The surgery aims to give the breast a natural appearance, improve the shape of the breast in cases of asymmetric breast and Correction of breast abnormalities.
Breast augmentation surgery is performed under general anesthesia, it takes about an hour to an hour and a half , you can usually go home in the same day 8 hours after the surgery, after making sure that your state is stable.
Why is breast augmentation performed?
For some women, breast augmentation is just a way to feel more confident, and for others, it is a part of breast correction:
- Young girls who have incomplete developed breasts , a lack self-confidence and embarrassment, so they do this surgery at an early age, usually before the age of 19. In many cases, there is a family history of breast development.
- Young women with small breasts that doesn’t satisfy them, so they perform breast augmentation in order to increase its size .
- Women after pregnancy and childbirth: The shape of the breast changes after the first and second pregnancy, especially after breastfeeding for long periods, the breast may become empty, drooping and saggy .
- In these cases it is important to difference between emptiness and drooping. The treatment of empty space in breast is by filling with implantation using silicone or saline implants, while the treatment for breast dropping is lifting and tightening. Sometimes the degree of dropping is slight so the filling of the breast tissue leads to a satisfied result. In cases where the dropping is sever, there is a need to combine fillings by implants and lifting, (breast augmentation and tightening).
- An asymmetrical breast is a congenital or evolutionary asymmetry of the breast. These cases require more attention in order to treat the breasts in the best way possible to obtain Symmetrical breasts and equal size.
- Sometimes more than one surgery is required to achieve a good result. Different operations are performed on both sides of the chest to achieve maximum symmetry . This is done by augmentation on one side and breast lift or breast reduction on the other side. Despite the complexity of the surgery, the satisfied with it is very high.
- Correction of breast dropping after rapid weight loss.
- Correcting the difference in the size of the breasts after surgery on the breast.
Before undergoing breast augmentation surgery, you should be aware of the following:
- Breast implants will not treat the problem of sagging breasts, then the surgeon will recommend a breast lift operation with breast augmentation to treat sagging.
- Breast implants usually do not last for life, its average age is 10 years.
- Breast augmentation can not stop the normal development of the breast with age.
Tests required before breast augmentation:
- Doing laboratory tests for blood functions.
- Older women are required to have a chest x-ray before the surgery.
Smoking, drinking alcohol and other drugs must be stopped in order to have good recovery.
Doctor chooses the best size of implant in order not to pressure on breast tissues .
There are several factors that determine the size of silicone implants, such as:
- The elasticity of skin.
- The thickness and elasticity of the breast tissue.
- The size of the rib cage.
- The distance between the breasts.