Breast Augmentation Part 2 | Types and Effects
Breast Augmentation Part 2
Breast augmentation is a cosmetic plastic that uses breast implants or fat transfers to increase the size and change the shape of a woman’s breasts.
Breast augmentation is performed too correct breast and chest wall congenital defects and restore lost breast size after rapid weight loss or after pregnancy.
How is breast augmentation performed?
Breast augmentation surgery is performed in a surgery clinic or hospital under general anesthesia and after good sterilization, it is done using breast augmentation implants which placed behind the breast tissue or under the chest muscle. The implant is a bag filled with either sterile salt water or a substance called silicone.
What types of implants are used?
- implants filled with a sterile salt water.
- Silicone implants are filled with sticky silicone gel.
How long do the results of breast augmentation surgery last?
Implants for breast augmentation surgery are designed to last more than a decade , the chance of rupture increases by one percent each year, so the longer time the implant time last, the greater the risk of rupture or other complications. In many cases, breast augmentation surgery implants last for more than 20 years or more.
Does breast augmentation affect breastfeeding?
One of the most common questions that woman asks when she wants to do breast augmentation using silicone is the question about whether this procedure will affect her ability of breastfeed.
Many people think that silicone can leak and enter the baby’s body through milk. , women who undergo this surgery can not produce milk because of the operation.
In fact, silicone implants which used in the breast augmentation do not affect breastfeeding in most cases, because they are placed outside the natural breast tissue, which means that they do not interfere with the ducts and glands of the breast that secrete milk.
Do we need to have another surgery in the future?
- Sometimes if the result is not satisfied, corrective surgery may be necessary.
- Young women who undergo breast augmentation should know that the breast, like the rest organs of the body, changes over the years, breast augmentation can not stop its natural development with age. The breast is a very dynamic organ , It changes due to pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding, weight changes, even during the period.
Before having breast augmentation surgery
- The question is whether the patient suffers from certain diseases that do not allow surgery ,such as heart diseases, diabetes, high blood pressure, blood clotting disorders, and some type of cancer.
- It is necessary to discuss with the doctor the reasons that prompted the patient to undergo breast augmentation ,study the expected results and the shape that the girl would like to obtain after the surgery.
- The doctor should be consulted about what drugs should stop taking before surgery, such as those affecting blood function and increase bleeding time, steroids and others.
- You must stop drinking alcohol for 48 hours before the surgery, because alcohol reduces wound healing and prolongs the recovery period.
- stop eating for 8 hours before surgery.
Breast augmentation surgery is performed under general anesthesia, which takes about an hour to an hour and a half, and you can usually go home on the same day 8 hours after the surgery, after the doctor have make sure that your state is stable.
Thus, we find that breast augmentation is one of the most effective and safe operations